2 weeks ago, Dino and I brought Liam to Boracay. Sa kamalasmalasan naman, binabagyo si Bora when we got there. It was not raining naman the whole day, but we stayed in our room most of the day, since mahirap nang maabutan at baka magkasakit pa ang bugoyito namen. Better safe than sorry. (will have a separate post about our trip)
Anyway, once my office mate learned that we are going to Bora, she told us to make sure to visit Real Coffee Cafe. This is where the famous Calamansi muffins originated and they also serve all day breakfast. She also told me that the Pesto Scrambled Egg is to die for. Pero dahil nga naulan, we weren’t able to go around, less visit the cafe.
At dahil frustrated ang pag kain at pagbili ko ng Calamansi muffins, I promised myself that I will bake this when we get back to Cebu. I searched the web and found this site where they talk about food and restos and try to hack some famous recipes. I usually try to tweak recipes I find in the web (tweak to suit our tastebuds), but for this, I followed the recipe religiously.
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 pcs. eggs
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup calamsi juice
- Mix together dry ingredients – APF, BP and salt, set aside
- On a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until well mixed (I used wire whisk)
- Beat in the eggs one by one, set aside
- Mix the milk and calamansi juice together
- Add in Calamansi juice mixture and Flour Mixture to butter mixture, alternately making sure that all is blended well
- Scoop batter to muffin pans lined with paper cups
- Bake in preheated 175 deg C oven for 23 minutes or until toothpick comes out dry.
- makes 12 cupcakes
Dino didn’t like it at first, he said it’s too tangy for him. General comment was that it’s not too tangy and it’s lighter than the original from Bora.
Anyway, if you’re wondering why I called it cupcakes instead of muffins, read this. I researched about it since it bugged me why some are called muffins, some are called cupcakes. Magkaiba pala talaga sila based on ingredients and methods used. Yes, I researched it, kasi di ako mapakali. 😉 Enjoy! 🙂