Last Christmas, one of our big bosses gifted us with Smoked Salmon. The box has a recipe for pasta, but some of the ingredients are not available and not known to me (actually more of this than the first, hahaha) So I searched for a good recipe on the net and found this. First time I tried this recipe was so so, since all the spiral pasta got soggy. Second time was better but forgot to take photo, hence no post for that, haha.
Yesterday, my SIL was here in Cebu and I decided to cook pasta for her. I used Spanish Sardines instead of Smoked Salmon and added some broccoli flowers.
- Cooked Angel Hair Pasta
- A bottle of Spanish Sardines
- Garlic (grated)
- Onion (diced)
- Broccoli flowers
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove fish bones from the sardines (optional) and set aside the sardines oil
- Saute garlic and onion in olive oil til fragrant
- Add in the sardines and saute for a minute
- Squeeze some lemon juice to the pan
- Add in cooked pasta
- Put some salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Put the broccoli flowers last and mix well
- you may add some of sardines oil if pasta is too dry
- Serve and Enjoy!
VOILA!! Easy dish to prepare for a lazy Sunday. I paired our pasta with Hungarian Sausages and freshly squeezed lemonade juice! Everybody enjoyed our simple yet so yummy lunch.